Outside Contributors

6 Reasons To Be More Active

6 Reasons To Be More Active

When you are considering your health, you know that 80% of your wellbeing is going to be down to the food that you eat. The other 20% is in the exercise that you do. Moving more isn’t always the easiest thing to do if you’re working full time and you have a family to think about, but being more active is one of the best things that you can do for yourself. Making the time to stay active is hard, but that doesn’t mean that it’s impossible.

When you read blogs from people like Stephen Troese Jr., you can learn why sports is such an important thing in life: people are passionate about it, whether partaking or watching it. If you find sports to be inspirational to you, then getting active may be a very easy decision for you to make! However, if it’s not something that you are particularly interested in, it can often be much harder to get up and go. Below, we’ve got six reasons you should consider being more active right now!

Photo by Philip Ackermann from Pexels
  1. You’re going to help your back. There’s a long standing joke that the older you get, the more your back hurts – and boy, is that true! It’s especially true if your job has you sitting down all of the time. If you’re more active, you’re going to strengthen the muscles in your back to enable you to feel less pain over time.
  2. Preventing obesity. Being overweight may not have an impact on your health: you can have excellent cholesterol and blood pressure levels when you are overweight. However, if you want to avoid any future issues for yourself, you may want to remain active and avoid obesity if you can.
  3. It’s great for your mind. Sometimes, a brisk walk in the cool morning air can really make a difference to your mental health. When you are feeling anxious and stressed, moving more can help you to keep your head straight. Physical exercise blows off steam, and it’s a great tool to help you to manage any low moods.
  4. Managing diabetes. If you’re pre-diabetic or you already are dealing with Type 2 diabetes, you may be able to dial back the symptoms by upping your rate of activity. You can prevent a lot of illnesses by staying active, but being pre-diabetic, you need to have a better diet and a lot more movement in your life to stay healthy.
  5. It’s fun! Moving your body more is one of the most fun things that you can do, whether that’s dancing in the stadium as a die-hard sports fan, or running a track every morning. It’s totally up to you what you do with your exercise, but you need to get out and do it. 
  6. You can be more social. Joining up with a team can be excellent for you as you can meet new people and be more sociable as a result. It’s great for your social life as you’re with like-minded people!

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.