5 Big Benefits of Cloud Computing
Cloud computing is becoming the norm in business thanks to its efficiency, integration, and cost. Cloud computing services can be set up quickly, and although there is an initial outlay that can be offputting, the long-term benefits are abundant. With cloud computing, businesses can streamline their operations and stay competitive in a digital world that is changing quickly.
Today, around 70% of global companies are using cloud computing to improve the productivity of their businesses, but that still leaves 30% of businesses using legacy technologies that are less efficient and more expensive in the long term. At least some of these companies avoid implementing cloud computing because of the initial outlay, but the ROI is better in the long run.
While it might be expensive to set up initially, cloud computing is more cost-effective and predictable over time. A business might save some money with legacy technologies – at least in terms of the infrastructure – but the savings don’t last. Legacy systems require more expert monitoring, and there is a higher chance of something going wrong with system interruptions.
One of the main concerns companies have around cloud computing is security concerns. Security on the cloud seems to be more vulnerable from the outside; after all, if a business can access files and data on the internet, then so can cybercriminals; isn’t it better to maintain legacy systems since they are less accessible and easier to monitor? It is not always the case.
Cloud-based security systems are very secure. Managed service providers are well aware of the security risks and prioritize efforts to protect sensitive data; at the same time, businesses using legacy technology are more vulnerable because of known frailties in the hardware, systems, and practices. Improving security is one of the key ways that businesses can succeed.
Legacy systems are inflexible and time-consuming. Without cloud computing, a business needs to divide its resources between maintaining infrastructure, storing data, and handling servers, which is not only resource-heavy, it is also expensive. On the other hand, the technological infrastructure is handled completely by the managed service provider offering more flexibility.
Instead of hiring a team of computer experts to resolve internal issues, a cloud computing company can make a few swift changes to avoid disasters and protect the bottom line. Cloud computing companies use an international pool of tech experts who are on-call twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. Businesses can also make tech changes using Salestrax.com.
Legacy technologies don’t have the same integrations as cloud computing, which is a major drawback in a work in which 2.6 billion people are using smartphones every day. Smartphones are not just for making calls and sending messages, they are an important part of the business’s daily operations, but unless you have the integrations offered by cloud computing, you lose out.
Cloud computing is a completely integrated solution that allows employees and customers to connect to the business using mobile devices. In a world where remote working environments are the norm and customers expect round-the-clock access to services, mobile technologies are a necessity. Mobile technologies are a natural part of cloud computing systems from the start.
The old adage “knowledge is power” has changed in recent times to “data is money.” The advent of big data has seen a transformation in the ways that businesses arrange their systems and conduct their transactions. Big data can reveal important insights about customer demographics and behaviors that can then be used to create better products and services.
Cloud computing is at the center of insight processes. Using the latest software, businesses can find out about user behavior on the website and make changes to improve conversions; they can also learn about customer likes, dislikes, choices, and requirements to deliver better results. As you can imagine, businesses using legacy systems are no longer competitive in this regard.
Around seventy percent of businesses have made the switch to cloud computing, with the other thirty percent sitting on the fence. But if they want to be competitive in a changing world, cloud computing is becoming less of an option and more of a priority to take the business forward.
There are still concerns about cloud computing, most notably the security issues around company data on the cloud. While cybercrime is an ongoing concern in the digital world, MSPs are the best place to take on these security challenges and threats. Make the switch today.
Categories: Outside Contributors