Signs You Need A New Head of Marketing
No one wants to be told that their marketing department is defunct. You want to believe that your marketing strategy is working, you don’t want to believe that the whole thing is crumbling beneath your feet. You might not want to be told things are going wrong, but you have to hear it anyway if you hope to be able to pull it back from the brink.
You want your business to work well and for that to be the case, you need to be sure that your services are all up and running properly. Whether you have considered it or not, the signs will be there if your marketing head is slacking. You could choose to change things around and hire someone new, or you can hire in the help of a great digital marketing agency. Either way, the smart thing to do is see whether or not you need a new head of marketing in the first place. Below, we’ve got some of the top signs you really need a change!
- You’re targeting too many customers. No, really. You want to target customers, sure, but you don’t want to spread yourself too thin trying to hook everyone in. You need to segment your audience and know where to find them and your marketing leaders should be doing this for you. All of your budgetary efforts should be used to their fullest extent, not frittered away.
- You’re losing all your clients. It’s important that you retain your clients and customers as much as possible and if you are watching them all disappear, then the chances are that your marketing leaders aren’t doing the job properly. Your clients want to be looked after but if your marketing team is dropping the ball on that, the clients will be disappearing faster than you can speak.
- You don’t know what should be on your website. You know the design and you want to get the website up and out there as soon as possible – but that means you need good content to go on it. A good marketing manager will know what to do here but if your site isn’t ready, then you need to get a new manager!
- Your marketing isn’t reflecting your brand. If you have a strategy that only focuses on your products, then you need to branch out a little bit. Your brand has to be explored fully on your website and your marketing materials. You need to use your marketing strategy to make life exciting for your customers, making your business look attractive.
- You’re not communicating. Your marketing manager should be communicating with you as much as possible to tell you what’s happening and what the response is from your audience. There is so much more to marketing than a pretty logo and you can ensure that all of these things are done with the right person in place, leading your team.
Marketing is going to get your business name out there. Make it work!
Categories: Outside Contributors
Leave a Reply